DEWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
Say yes to various crosscutting and miter-cutting jobs thanks to the DEWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter-Saw. Thanks to its great features, all these jobs will be done fast and effective, including those who require oversized moldings.
The DEWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter-Sawnot only has an affordable price, but it also has great features in order to provide quick and accurate cuts from baseboards to crown moldings.
Powerful, this miter saw is designed with a 15 amps motor that can deliver a no-load speed of 4,000 rpm. Having a sturdy design, this miter saw features an adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops. Thanks to it, you will be able to make accurate cuts with no hassle. You can easily adjust the miter thanks to the cam-lock miter handle, adding versatility thanks to the big miter capacity, between 0 to 60 degrees to the left and 0 to 52 degrees to the right.
Another great feature of this miter saw is represented by its tall sliding fence. Thanks to it, you can easily work with crown and base moldings. To make things better, the innovative clamping mechanism made out of dual horizontal steel rails and linear bar bearings ensures accuracy and durability.
Adjusting the bevel is easy. You can adjust the bevel cuts between 0 to 48 degrees to the left and to the right. Moreover, you also benefit of several bevel stops, making the bevel adjustment easier. To add, thanks to the back fence design, you can make 45 degrees bevel cuts through dimensional lumber up to 2 by 14 inches.
Sliding Compound Miter-Saw Specs
- It has a 15 amps motor that delivers a no-load speed of 4,000 rpm
- It features an adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops
- It has a cam-lock miter handle for adjustment
- It has a big miter capacity, between 0 to 60 degrees to the left and 0 to 52 degrees to the right for versatility
- It features a tall sliding fence for crown and base moldings
- It is designed with an innovative clamping mechanism
- The miter saw has great features like the big miter capacity to the left and the right and its innovative clamping mechanism.
- The saw is accurate from right out of the box.
- The sliding and adjustable features are extremely intuitive and quality made.
- A highlight of the DW717 is the fence system. The fences are taller and have greater adjust-ability and versatility then previous models.
- Compared to other models the DW717 is relatively lightweight and compact.
- The big bevel scale is perfect for being read in dustly conditions
Some complained that the saw is poor at collecting dust, although they admit that it is no worse than other saws they have used.
The great features of this miter saw have brought it many positive reviews. Users say that the item is easy to use, accurate and has lived up to every expectation they had regarding its purchase.. Alas, not all very satisfied. Some complained that the saw has a poor dust retention design, although they later admit that it is no worse then any other saw